Pages

Thursday 24 September 2015

My time at M.E.R.C.


During our time at M.E.R.C. I have learn’t a lot of skills and virtues decisions like,Building trust,Cooperating,Responsibility,Sportsmanship and communication with the people in my class..They gave me and others children in my class different varieties of opportunities about being thankful because their are other people in need.M.E.R.C had many activities for my classmates that were very challenging like being held by a harness and climbing a Giant Ladder ladder two stories high.


The first day of the activities were not so hard by it had some important skills to learn including teamwork with the year 7’s.Even though I play and work with them five days a week it was very hard for us to communicate.Once we had been told what the right things were to do by the help of the instructors we figured it out and defeated the first activity of the day.the second activity was playing a little game.I learn’t another skill that I thought was very hard which was truth.There were four corners and guardians.The guardians held up picture of hearts,diamond,spades and clubs.If the instructors pulled up a card that said for instance, spades and you ran to the card that said spades you had to sit down After we had learn’t some important skills we had to test our skills we learn’t and went to do archery.

During the second day of activities we had learn how to use a  sailing boat this included challenges and many skills like facing the challenge of people being scared  in the water and learn’t the skills of cooperation,pushing your limit,being accurate and teamwork.We had to know where the wind was coming from and to use a steering wheel and make it face a tree the instructors told us to.It was very hard for me and others in my class room because you have to hold it steaderly.


On the last day we had to do the toughest challenge of doing the giant's ladder because I am very scared of heights.This including learning the  skill of confidence.This was really hard for me but I was encouraged by the instructors and my class to keep going.

   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment